Matthew Paquette is a brilliant millennial, just scratching twenty years old. He has built up a following of over 700,000 people on Vine. While Vine figures out its next move, Matt is striving to be ahead of the curve, building up an Instagram following now in photography.
Matt’s focus was always to do things that he has really enjoyed, paving the way for others to recognize that when you do something you love, you can grow, thrive and build businesses around those things.
What to Expect
The first Vine video
Hitting 100,000 likes and 30,000 followers mark
- Engaging people and creating conversations on social media
Getting brand deals
Creating contents for different channels
Why content and communication matters in creating online campaigns
Joining the DigiTour
Photography as an interest
The business model and the biggest hurdles
People, places, and brands as major accomplishments
The best channel for startups
What makes this generation unique
Establishing an Online Presence
Creating Unique and Engaging Content
- Focus on the concept that you think will look good
- Make videos that people will enjoy
- Add visual effects if necessary
- Learn to create separate content for different channels
Overcoming Hate on Social Media
- Find a friend who you can relate to
- Separate yourself from what people are saying about you
- Focus on your accomplishments
Things that hold other people back from chasing what they want:
- Doing things the old fashion way
- Doing things your own way
People Matthew Would Like to Meet
- Philip DeFranco
- Ethan Klein
- “I’m gonna have to start making my own content because I see it as an opportunity that I can’t put down”.
- “There is a place for everything and there are places for certain things”.
- “Things will knock you down but you just have to keep going”.
- “You’re not gonna make it if you allow that stuff to let you down”.
- “You have to do what you love.”
- “People have access to so much stuff now, you never know where that will take you.
- “Just keep trying and don’t give up”.
Give it a chance, if you are making videos on the internet or making music. Give it a try and don’t give up as long as you are loving what you are doing, it will be worth it. – Matthew Paquette