Amber Vilhauer is an online business development expert who supports authors, speakers, and coaches to establish a powerful, integrated online presence that gets results and empowers them to make a difference in their industry. Since starting her multi-six-figure company No Guts No Glory in 2007, she has spent her career impacting her community and building strong strategic alliances with industry leaders and game-changers across the web.
Amber and her teams have created more than 500 websites to generate sales, build a fan base and attract clientele. She works with clients to create a strong, branded social media presence, coaches each client on which manageable actions will help them achieve their online goals and then walks them through exactly how to do it.
What to Expect
- Starting No Guts No Glory
- Biggest Challenges
- Learning to step through fear
- Building a strategy to power through
- Amber’s rock bottom moment
- The constants to continually breakthrough
- One game changer on the internet
- Biggest mistakes on websites
- What can businesses do better on websites?
- Amber’s routines for success
- Advice to Millennials
No Guts No Glory
Stepping through Fear
Amber Vilhauer shares her rock-bottom moment when she was 16. Making decisions based on who she wanted to be and not who she was gradually helped her get through that moment. She learned from her mistakes the hard way as everybody does, but there are still times when she feels that fear is coming back.
From there she realized it wasn’t about defeating fear but acknowledging it’s a constant that she had to break through every time. She created a strategy for herself, every time she feels fear or gets overwhelmed, she writes it on paper and creates an action plan. She implements the easiest part, and she would start feeling her momentum and confidence again. Over time, whenever she feels afraid, she looks back in the past, remembers that she’s moved through, goes to this strategy and gets over it. Within minutes, she’s already over it because she doesn’t want to be held back in life.
Creating an Audience
Inspired by her mom, Amber created No Guts No Glory Enterprise to create an impact and make a difference by helping entrepreneurs deliver their message through the digital world. She wanted to be someone who focused on results instead of having just a pretty looking website. Teaching herself to write copies, HTML codes and everything about social media, she established a name of her own as one of the most efficient online business experts. When asked about her biggest challenges, Amber said there was none. It was her drive to be successful and to figure things out that pushed her, so she didn’t feel the weight of the challenge unlike other people do.
WordPress website development is Amber’s specialty, creating more than 500 websites for different business. She breathes the qualities of a site that will generate leads, engagements, and sales. The main thing she notices most website owner needs to do is to be more careful with their content. It doesn’t have to be perfect but it needs to be thorough. Pushing out content that without planning and strategy will not give the results the business owner needs. Amber recommends the following:
- Be thorough with content including special offers.
- Make sure to give your best value upfront, and that is always a next step associated at the end.
- Always be thinking: “what’s the next thing I want people to do with me?”
- Maximize every little opportunity to let your prospects know who you are and what you do.
- Strategically map all lanes of your content to lead up to your Call to Action.
Routines for Success
Amber’s routine to succeed for the day ahead starts from the afternoon she leaves her office.
- Before finishing work at five, she brain dumps everything on her to do list, completely cleans her desk and leave. This allows her to leave everything behind, spend some quality time with her family and get a good night sleep. She knew she didn’t forget anything because she listed everything down.
- Taking moments for love. She lies down with her son and tells him how much she loves him, how she’s grateful for another day.
- Spends the time to take a moment and gather all the positive things that happened throughout the day. This prevents her from getting stuck in the grind, feeling exhausted and depleted.
- In the morning, she empowers herself with self-talk for a great day ahead. Anything is possible, and she is going to feel good at the end of the day.
Celebrating her wins and honoring herself is a very important for Amber. She believes that if we don’t nurture ourselves, the rest of the world isn’t going to work in a flow. Amber even makes it a routine to talk and see her team, and clients alike. She knows how to empower them and appreciate their hard work.
- “I attract all these authors, coaches and speaker, they all have powerful message to share with the world. By building their website, I’m having a vast impact on the world through them.”
- “I wanted to be someone who focused on results. I wanted to make a difference.”
- “We have the opportunity to learn from our mistakes. I made plenty of errors in my life, and I had to learn from them the hard way just like everybody else does.”
- “There’s value in sharing even the most vulnerable moments of your life. They are the most valuable.”
- “It’s not about defeating fear, but acknowledging it’s a constant that I had to breakthrough.”
- “I realized okay I’m human; I’m going to make errors. These things are always going to be there; it’s up to me how fast or slow I’m going to succeed.”
- “People buy from those they like, know, and trust. When we have an online format, it’s hard to make an emotional connection with someone and get them to know the real you.”
- “I could get myself psyched on something and get nothing done, but I never let that happen. I just kept taking action and persevering.”
- “People are too careless with their content. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but it needs to be thorough.”
- “When we take a moment to consider the day that we had, it’s amazing how we can find so many positive things that happened throughout the day.”
- “I make it a point to honor myself and celebrate my wins. If you don’t nurture yourself, the rest of the world isn’t going to work in a flow.”
- “You literally can, step by step create any life you want. The only thing that’s going to stop you is you and your small thinking.”
- “Try to condition yourself to be a little bit bigger, be faster in your strides, so you don’t waste time because life is short.”
You have unlimited power within you. It’s up to you to tap into that and challenge yourself and go beyond what you think you’re capable of doing.
Connect with Amber Vilhauer