Kami Guildner is a best-selling author, inspiring speaker, mentor and life coach helping extraordinary women to courageously “Live Out Loud.” A former corporate executive who found her own ‘Firedancer’ journey by slowing down into nature and discovering her life purpose. She is the founder of Syzygy, a boutique coaching agency that helps executives, entrepreneurs and truth seekers around the world connect to their inner gifts and discover new meaning and new paths. Her clients step into intentional action fueled with vitality and courage.
Five years later, Kami founded Extraordinary Women Connect™, a series of intimate events for wildly successful women who want to connect with other wildly successful professionals in real conversations and story. From this she started a podcast called Extraordinary Women Radio™, featuring wildly successful women living out loud in voice, vitality, and vigor.
What to Expect
- Kami’s journey to find her purpose
- The gift of getting laid off
- The risk of entrepreneurship vs. a job in corporate
- How to control your destiny
- Getting clear about how you want to matter in the world
- Ways to zero into your strengths
- The exercise of knowing who you are
- The clue to understanding your inner core
- Kami as an entrepreneur
- Marketing is no business strategy
- The investment that came back so many times
- Running business from a flow perspective
Entrepreneurship vs. Working at Corporate
In 2008, Kami Guildner says that the universe gave her a great gift by being laid off from her job in the corporate world. Her husband made her realize that she could start her own business and find that purpose she was looking for. Corporations have changed unlike the times of our parents when you work for the same company your entire career. There are huge risks for entrepreneurship, but we have the ability to control our destiny and where we take it. Kami says she got a great job at corporate, but the bottom line is all about making a profit. While as an entrepreneur, she gets to make a difference in people’s lives. There’s more opportunity for an entrepreneur to say:
- “This is how I’m going to make a difference in life.”
- “This is how I’m going to create a ripple effect around me.”
Kami believes what matters most is getting clear on how you want to matter and what legacy you’ll leave in this world. You have to look at the joy in life and what are you able to bring out into the world.
Control Your Destiny
What gets Kami excited is creating that ripple effect of helping others get out and do what they are meant to do in their world. The only way to do this is to get clear about who we are at our very essence, our strengths, our gifts, our passion. Given today’s distractions, she knows we often lose sight of what we value in life. We forget what we’re great at and what lights us up. Here are some ways Kami recommends we do to zero into our strengths and utilize them to control our destiny:
- Recall a story in your life when you got most on fire when you felt the most passion. What were you doing at that time? How were you making a difference?
- Ask the people around you that know you well: “What potential do you see in me that I may not see in myself?”
- Use strengths finder, an inexpensive book that will give a lot of insights
When we compile these stories we get from ourselves, other people and strengths finder, we should look at them holistically. If we start to look across all of them, we will see similarities that will resonate with us. These are the clues to get into who we are at our very core. That’s how we realize how we’re going to make a difference with those gifts and what our purpose is.
The Flow Perspective
Kami’s routine for success resonates from her daily habits to her business. She starts her day in a peaceful and quiet place at home, writing in her journal and meditating. Instead of running to her emails first thing in the day, she consciously makes an effort to get out in nature and break bad habits. Kami is also big on creating boundaries, she stops working in the evening and doesn’t work on weekends too. Making time for her family and friends is one priority she has every day.
With her business, Kami takes work knowing who her clients are at their very core and build that into their brand. When this happens, her clients are speaking their voice true to who they are, aligned to their gifts and passion. Building business around marketing tools in line with what they are great at. When they learn to operate a business from their strengths, It becomes a flow instead of a hustle kind of energy. That makes a huge difference in how they show up as an entrepreneur.
- “There was certainly something bigger I’m supposed to be doing in my life, stepping up into and making a difference for people.”
- “What gets me excited is creating that ripple effect of helping women get out and do what they are meant to do in their world.”
- “It wasn’t the marketing part that I loved in corporate, but the people part of it.”
- “Corporations has changed. Unlike our parents’ time, you don’t get to work for a company and stay there for your entire career.”
- “As entrepreneurs, we have the ability to control our destiny and where we are taking it.”
- “Get clear about who you are at your very essence, your strengths, your gifts, your passion.”
- “We often lose sight of what we value in life. What we’re great at and what lights us up.”
- “Going through the exercise of knowing who you are is one of the most significant works you can do to find joy in life.”
- “Recall a story in your life where you felt the most passion. How were you making a difference at that time?”
- “As a small entrepreneur, I realized marketing and business strategy is different than it is in the corporate world.”
- “Keep seeing outside of the box, seeing possibilities that most people don’t see. Keep thinking about it because it’s about life after all.”
It’s about getting clear about how you want to matter and what legacy you want to leave in the world.