Kirsten Bloomquist is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, speaker and a best-selling author of Powernow™: How to Step into Your Most Powerful Mind Instantly! She came to believe in the power of the mind when she helped a friend tap into their power within, resulting in the disappearance of a malignant tumor. Her work has been noted by health professionals, including oncologists and naturopathic doctors. Kirsten has since helped numerous people overcome challenges such as fibromyalgia, chronic pain, OCD and much more.
Nowadays, Kirsten seeks to educate the masses, providing them with outstanding evidence demonstrating the tremendous power of the subconscious mind; a force that exists within each and every one of us.
What to Expect
- Discovering Hypnotherapy
- Finding ways to believe
- Hypnotherapy vs. Hypnosis
- Treating the mental side of illness
- Autopilot is your subconscious mind
- The power of using the right words
- Lessons Kirsten learned in the process
- Our mind is a like a radio
- Kirsten’s breakthrough moment
- How to switch your state
- Death gives life meaning
The Power of the Mind
Believe and Take Control
Kirsten got really interested and studied Hypnotherapy, but she didn’t really believe in the process and the power of the mind. She said she asked her family and friends to get practiced on and prayed to God to show her something. Later on, Kirsten was able to help two of her friends who doctors thought were almost impossible to cure and eventually gave them back their lives.
Kirsten’s biggest learning in her discovery of the real power of the mind is that she gets to take responsibility for her own health and well-being. She says we should never blame our past or our parents for who we have become. All of us lead ourselves to wherever we want to be. We can always change where we are right now, we do have a lot more control than we were ever taught.
Our thoughts only have power as we choose to give it. Kirsten Bloomquist refers to our minds working like a radio. We can’t prevent a radio from playing different stations because it’s going to pick up different frequencies. What we can do is to change the station whenever we don’t like what is playing. Our minds can pick up different frequencies including negative thoughts but we are the awareness behind those thoughts. We are the only one who has the power to play which thought we choose to listen, and the thought only has power if we believe it and we keep playing it in our minds.
Kirsten also provided some suggestions to replace and switch our state and get rid of those negative thoughts by changing our surroundings. Everything around us is mental programming so we have to be conscious with what and who we surround ourselves with.
- Ask yourself: who do I want to hypnotize me? what suggestions do I allow to enter my mind
- Start listening to audio books
- Listen to your favorite songs or some upbeat music
- Hang around inspirational people
- Meditate and do yoga
- Try to connect more with nature
Death Gives Life Meaning
Kirsten shares her learning about the reality and beauty of death when she shared that one her closest friends passed away. She realizes that death gives life meaning. It is sad that life can come to an end but it’s also a blessing that life comes to an end. The moment that we realize that our time is limited, it changes our priorities. It changes the way we feel, the way we think, and we start to act differently. She says that if we just have this life and we live it forever, it wouldn’t be as precious as it is. It is the rarest of things that are most precious and our life is rare too.
- “The only way I hypnotize someone is using my words. I understand how to use the correct wording to get results.”
- “We treat the physical side of illness, but who is going to treat the mental side?”
- “Start being aware of the language we are using. We are so sloppy with our words.”
- “We are in a walking trance all day long. Everything around us is suggestions.”
- “The subconscious is 90-95% of the mind, if you’re going to take its power and focus on finding a solution rather than the problem, you will find & create more solutions.”
- “We can’t change the past but we can change where we are right now.”
- “If my life is a mess, that’s because of me not anybody else.”
- “We do have a lot more control than we were ever taught.”
- “The thought only has power if you believe it and you keep playing it in your mind.”
- “The thought only has power as you choose to give it.”
- “Challenge what you’re currently doing. If it led to where you are and you continue to do that, you’ll just continue getting what you usually get.”
- “We all get into the bad state and we all have the power to get out of it.”
- “It is sad that life comes to an end, but it’s also a blessing that life comes to an end.”
- “Death gives life meaning. If we live this life forever, it wouldn’t be as precious.”
- “It is the rare things that are precious. Your life is rare too.”
- “The more I acknowledge the fact that my time is limited, the fewer things bother me.”
- “Be easy on yourself. Be aware of your thoughts and judgment you put on yourself.”
Our mind is like a radio it picks up different frequencies of thoughts, but we are the awareness behind those thoughts. We can always change the station if we don’t like what’s playing.