Kosta Panagoulias is a phenomenal entrepreneur and President of Web4Realty, a leading Canadian provider of web marketing software that helps real estate professionals grow and manage their business while attracting new prospects.
Kosta and his co-founder Raza bootstrapped the company to 15 full-time team members across 3 countries. He also mentors other up and coming entrepreneurs even going as far as starting an in-house incubator for young startup software companies focusing on real estate.
What to Expect?
- The typical conversation
- The AHA moment
- The deal with Time magazine
- Connecting with big time companies
- The $15,000 investment
- Tools and Applications for Growth Hacking
- Building a global team
- Why online marketing matters
- Keeping customers for long-term
- Why real estate is a tough business to crack
- Gearing up for the next level of growth
- Who inspires Kosta the most
Building a Company
The First Idea
Kosta and Raza’s first business ventures materialized during a typical conversation on a regular weekend. Being inspired by a successful website called Million Dollar Pixel, they decided to build their own. Eventually, they landed a deal with Time Magazine and connected with some of the biggest online companies like H&M, Gap, and Photobucket. Like most start-ups, they did not succeed but it served as an eye-opener for them realizing that being aggressive and reaching out pays off and that they have a chance in the Real Estate business.
Tips on Building a Global Team
Growing his company, Kosta realizes the importance of having a team that truly believes in your vision is very important. He shares his most useful tips based on his experience on how he built his remote team to date:
- Have a clear vision
- Get referrals
- Hire top talents
- Build your dream team
- Take your time when hiring
Advice to Startups
Kosta is continually inspired by entrepreneurs who wanted to build something great and provides some of his best tips for start-ups who aspires to be successful in their own business ventures:
- Learn how to generate leads
- Be aggressive
- Find the right people
- Stay lean and extremely efficient
- Learn as you go
- Watch your cash flow
- Be conservative
- Prioritize customer service
- “I was never really entrepreneurial growing up. I believe this journey started while I was in university.”
- “Every weekend we would sit down and talk about how we could make a million bucks.”
- “Just reach out and get in touch.”
- “Since day one we’ve taken support very seriously. It’s the focus even today. Extremely fast, quick, support.”
- “Know that the client has someone to speak to and respond very quickly.”
- “It was a huge learning curve to get it off the ground.”
- “First few hires were referrals, timing, and luck.”
- “Access to capital is simply not enough for most startups to get off the ground. It’s vital for inexperienced entrepreneurs to learn the ins and outs of the game from the ground up.”
- “If you have a dream, go and get it. Nothing is stopping you.”
- “If you have the desire and you want it bad enough, I strongly believe that you can get it, no matter how big or small it is.”
- “Having the right team supporting you is super important.”
- “Real estate is a tough business to crack. A successful realtor has to be very entrepreneurial on their own.”
Nothing is too big to achieve.
Grind on, hustle on and you will experience great things. That is for sure, and I am a testament to that.