Matthew Ablakan is the founder and owner of Millennial’s Choice Team, a company that specializes in all types of Real Estate and Mortgage transactions dedicated to servicing the millennial generation. He holds an Honors Degree in the area of Law, a Bachelor of Education, a Real Estate Broker license, a Real Estate Salesperson license, a Mortgage Broker license and a Mortgage Agent License. Matthew is one of the top Brokers at Intercity Realty Inc. and Money Gate Corp.
Although Matthew is a Real Estate and Mortgage Broker, he often simplifies that by sharing that he is a financial therapist, helping others solve their financial problems. His vision for millennials not to face difficulty when trying to get involved in the market is what drives him to learn and come up with creative ideas to shape the Real Estate and Mortgage Industry.
What to Expect
- Difficulties of the first-time buyer
- Inspiration for Millennial’s Choice
- Services Offered
- Suggestions for start-ups
- Why start in Preconstruction
- Getting Payment plan
- What makes builders confident
- Habits for Success
- Self-education and Blindspots
- Don’t seek advice from your parents
- The future of the market
Top Tips to Start
First things to do
- Sit down with a licensed mortgage broker to discuss your finances. Matthew says that by talking to a knowledgeable person in the market, you will know where you are heading and it will be easier for you to make a decision.
- Buy something in the Preconstruction phase so you are more flexible and you get more options as well. It may not be your dream house but it will make you aware of what it’s out there and things will be much easier later on.
- Don’t seek advice from your parents. As a millennial, we always ask our parents what to do, Matthew says that times have changed and our parents’ ways will be a lot more different from what we should be doing today.
- Offers more flexibility as a homeowner
- Able to get into the marketplace with better pricing
- No need for upfront payments
- You don’t have to put all your eggs in one basket
- Gives you the option to have a payment plan with Millennials’ Choice
Self-education and Technology
One of Matthew’s best habits for success is actually reading a lot of books. He says that he loves to learn from other people’s life lessons through reading. Matthew shares with us one of his biggest learning about humility and treating others which he considers one of his biggest takeaways from reading. He also gave us his most used apps and says that as Realtors, it’s very important to utilize the current technology to stay on top of the game and nurture our clients.
- “I made a purchase before I became a realtor.”
- “Once your foot is in the door as an investor, everything becomes easier.”
- “As long as you’re able to manage your money the right way, we can get you a product.”
- “One of the biggest things self-education can give you is to lead you to breakthroughs you never knew exists.”
- “Books can give you the smallest tip, a way to say something different that never occurred to you.”
- “You want to stay humble because you want people to treat you just the way you’re treating others.”
- “Point out your team’s strengths. Point out how they can do what they do better.”
- “Talk to the people that are in the game and understand what you’re going through.”
- “Get out there, do some research and just explore your options.”
- “Just keep at it. Nothing comes easy.”
- “Keep doing what you’re doing as long as you solve a problem everything else will fall into place.”
Anything that’s worthwhile obviously came with hard work.
Connect with Matthew Ablakan