Theresa Barnabei is a published author, national speaker, and history of over 30 years of real estate experience. She serves on the Board of Directors for the national Real Estate Educator’s Association and co-creator of the REEA Gold Standard Instructor Development Workshop Series. She is the owner of Course Creators, LLC, a real estate school sanctioned by the state of Arizona as well as TBConsults, LLC, a coaching and consulting company that has served business clients and companies on their trek to success for over 10 years.
Theresa lives by her company’s Mission Statement: The only goal in presenting anything is that our students Get It, Use It and Become More Successful Because Of It! Otherwise, it doesn’t get taught.
What to expect
- Theresa as a start-up entrepreneur
- Applying the principles of business success
- Setting a revenue goal
- Setting up an action plan
- Making a daily commitment to achieve
- Lead Generation without a conversion rate
- Significance of breaking things down
- Time blocking
- How to create your sphere of influence
- Unique selling tactic
- Utilizing social media for business
- Becoming an author
- Earning $1,000 per day
- Predicting the real estate market
- Millennials are smart buyers
Real Estate Career
Building a Business
When Theresa Barnabei started her coaching business, she realized she needed to do two things: To set a revenue goal and create a massive plan of action to get it. These are the principles for success and no matter what business anybody is in; you should determine what do you want to make at the end of the year and how many widgets do you need to sell to make that happen. Having no conversion rate yet, Theresa applied the 1/100 rule and committed herself making at least 14 calls per day to generate leads.
Some of Theresa’s strategies include Time Blocking and Building her Sphere of Influence. Most of us will get our business from people who already know us, like us and trust us. These are the people in our sphere of influence when they trust us, they will do and refer business to us. Theresa consciously committed and built her personal time around that to build her company. From talking to people who could be interested in Real Estate, executing the transactions and staying in touch for after sales follow-up, she was able to build and grow her business by referral.
Being an Author
Selling her book was the most fabulous lead generation tool that Theresa Barnabei has embarked on. The minute she said she was going to be a published author, people started looking at her differently. She got speaking engagements, three coaching clients buying the largest offer she had available, and she even earned $1000 per day selling it. But Theresa said it’s not necessarily the book sales that’s important but how do we use it to grow our business.
The fun fact behind it was that Theresa had her book for 13 years before she decided to get it out in the open. Her biggest lesson as an author was her change in mindset. She says once she got out of her way of negative thinking and jumped right in, the energy shift was amazing and propelled her into action. All the ideas she accumulated over the years came out and ended up on paper. Theresa is now in the process of editing her second book, Flight of Your Life.
Educating the People
There’s no predicting any market. The Real Estate market does not differ from the Stock market, it goes up and goes down. What Theresa now observes is that the majority of people buy a house just because it’s the right time. Real Estate is still viewed as a great financial investment and if we have an inkling to buy a house, we should not be scared to explore it.
Theresa says that the millennial generation comes into the home buying process a whole lot smarter than any demographic because they are the social home search people. They explore their options, do background checks on the agents, and look at the properties online so they become more educated. What we don’t know we back off from, but the reality is if we explore, it’s not that difficult to own real estate.
- “My whole business career has been focused on getting people to take action. Just do what you need to do and live your life!”
- “The minute I sat down and put a massive plan of action, it just took off.”
- “At the end of every day, I had to make sure I meet my commitment. I committed to that year ultimate goal, and I knew what I had to do every day to get there.”
- “Everybody says I don’t have enough time, and it’s because we don’t schedule our time.”
- “I time blocked a couple of hours of every day at the same time, so it became a habit, and I knew that’s by building business time.”
- “If you don’t stay in touch with people, they’ll forget who you are.”
- “I grew my business by referral. I always provide the service I promised, and then I follow up asking for more business.”
- “Most of us will get our business from people who already know us, like us and trust us. Those are the people in our sphere of influence.”
- “Any business model should get the most amount of people to know me, like me and trust me so when they trust me; they’ll do business with me or refer business to me.”
- “Once people know you, like you and trust you on your personal Facebook page; it’s so much easier to convert them to pay attention to you on your business page.”
- “Show people who you are and then get into the meat of your business.”
- “The minute I said I was going to be a published author, things changed almost immediately.”
- “The idea of writing a book and growing rich is not the book sale but how do we use it to grow our business.”
- “Until we get the negative programming out of our heads, we will stay there.”
- “I’m an author of an upcoming book, I have got to get that upcoming book written.”
- “There is no predicting any market. The Real Estate market is no different than the stock market; it goes up and down.”
- “If you have an inkling that you want to buy a house, you owe it to yourself to explore it.”
- “What we don’t know we back off from. The reality is, if you explore, it’s not that difficult to own Real Estate.”
- “It’s not the process that is difficult. It’s the unknown that makes it a scary proposition.”
- “Millennials come into the home buying process smarter because they are the social home search people.”
No matter what business anybody’s in, determine your revenue goal and know what do you need to make that happen.
Connect with Theresa Barnabei