Tim Hooper is a keynote speaker, author of Got Energy, life coach and founder of Time4Energy. He served one organization for the past ten years, working his way from being a janitor to leading a sales team. He led employee engagement initiatives, book clubs, and championed building strong supplier and client relationships.
In 2016 he started Time4Energy, to help others to strategize and do more. His passion is igniting energy and inspiring enthusiasm in people serious about the joy and abundance experienced with increasing engagement, ownership and passion for life!
What to Expect
- Every man is my teacher
- Humble beginnings
- The difference between reactive and proactive people
- Confidence to show up in every environment
- Chase to the top of the totem pole
- Becoming legendary
- Tim’s daily routine
- Energy switching
- Energy Surfing
- The death of fear in Tim’s life
- Leaving a legacy for yourself
- The 4,000-year-old secret
Knowing Your Value
Considering himself as a continual learner, Tim talks about the chase in people’s lives always trying to reach the top of the totem pole. He says that if we get to pass that, we’ll realize our value regardless of what we do. His humble beginnings from mopping the floors and cleaning restrooms didn’t stop him from realizing his worth. He enjoyed every little thing he did knowing he can add value in more significant ways.
It starts with the calmness about who you are and the peace about what you can bring to the day. The people who are confident can show up in any environment and be a source of joy. If we could show up in fullness, then we are not rats racing to the top. We can realize that the more strategically we build our skill sets, we can add more value.
An excellent way to remind ourselves our real value is to know who we are. Tim highly recommends taking online gift analysis and strengths finder to get to know ourselves more. If we continue to labor in a field we’re not good at trying to keep up with somebody, then we’re always racing, and we don’t actually know ourselves. By understanding and getting to know ourselves better, it will empower us to start developing our skill sets more.
If we can just be full everywhere we go, it’s truly living instead of racing through life. The rush will be gone and contentment sets in. The joy overflows because you know who you are. Tim always tells his clients to do this to live a better life: “Make peace with your past and make plans for your future, so you can live fully present today.”
Contrary to most entrepreneurs, Tim’s daily routine starts with his physical self to kick off his day. He says we are physical beings, so he believes that if he can get his body moving, then the soul and spirit follows. Energy switching as he calls it is his morning routine in which he lines up all the things he needs to prepare for his morning workout. From his alarm clock next to the bathroom up to the 16 oz of water at his bedside, everything is strategically lined up to prepare him for the day’s success.
After he jump-starts his morning, Tim does Energy Surfing. Energy goes up and down like waves, so he always tries to catch one and rides it. He picks three big things to do in his day and does everything in his power to keep his energy reserve. He says we should always try to stay in a flow state. Always staying in a peak performance state so that throughout our day, we are inspired and engaged. We should budget our energy just like the way we budget our money. The most proactive people are guarding their energy. They realize their energy is their life source.
- “Every man is my teacher. It doesn’t matter who, a six-year-old or a 75-year-old can teach me something.”
- “Confidence starts with the calmness about who you are and the peace about what can I bring today. Make sure nobody can take that away from you.”
- “I can add value in more significant ways. Start thinking like an owner, about your life, strategically about your energy.”
- “The difference between reactors and the people who live a proactive life is that they guard their energy. They realize their energy is their life source.”
- “The people who are confident in who they are can show up in any environment. You are not finding validation in anything. You already know your validation.”
- “There’s a chase in people’s lives to the top of the totem pole. When you get to pass that, you’ll realize you have value regardless of what you do.”
- “Instead of having the mentality to climb the top, you’ll see you’re already at the top. Whether you’re a janitor or CEO, you are at the top, you are who you are, and you’re confident in your skin.”
- “If you could show up in fullness, then you’re not racing in life. You can realize that the more you strategically build your skill set, you can add more value.”
- “If we can just be full everywhere we go, it’s truly living instead of racing through life.”
- “When the rush is gone, content sets in. The joy overflows when you know who you are.”
- “Operate in a position of fullness and guard that fullness. Guard it with everything you’ve got. It’s a fun way to live.”
- “We’re physical beings. If I can get my body moving, then my soul and my spirit follow.”
- “Whatever you do in life, at your job, do something you’re fully focused on your day to spend all your energy and keep that fire in you going.”
- “When you budget your money, it kind of walks off on you. You have got to budget your energy.”
- “Everybody can teach you something if you only ask.”
- “If I’m with somebody I’m investing because when you give, it will always be given back.”
- “When you get home to your loved ones, look in that abode and say: “There is my greatest customer. The greatest shareholder of my life.”
- “Everything I’m engaged in, I’m going to be 200%, or I’m not going to do it at all.”
- “Drop your notes every day. A dream in your brain is not random; it could be a part of your identity.”
- “Whatever I decide I’m going to do; I’ll do it 200% or not do it at all.”
Make peace with your past and make plans for your future so you can live fully present today.
Connect with Tim Hooper