Change happens overnight and the only thing that limits change is, well… you. The realization I hope you have after this post is that the only thing preventing you from having the things you want in life, that you don’t yet have, is your ability to create enough detail and imagery around what it takes to become the person who has those things. I’m not centring this around wealth or material objects, but around relationships; both personal and romantic. I’m talking about having the dream job, clarity and purpose in your day to day; having a body that you are pleased with and taking back control of your finances.
The only thing stopping you from becoming the person you are eager to step into is yourself and today we’ll discuss some strategies that I believe will help you become the person you’re desiring to become.
Close your eyes and envision who you want to become over the next 10 years…
- How do you make people feel?
- What is it like when you walk into a room?
- How engaged are you in conversations?
- What do you do first thing in the morning?
- What do you do as the last thing before bed?
- Who are the types of people you’re surrounded by?
- What do you contribute to your community?
- How do you add value to the people’s lives around you?
- What are your limitations?
- Do you have the same fears?
- What challenges do you wish to have conquered?
- Which people do you wish to be distant from?
- Which job will you wake up for?
- Which business(es) will you be running?
Now ask yourself this following questions as you re-read each above question again…
- “What is holding me back from accomplishing this today, this month or this year?”
- “What is one thing I can do to move the needle toward my ideal outcome and my best future self?”
- “Who is one person I know that embodies this trait already and how could I learn it from them?”
Change doesn’t happen over 10 years, it happens at different critical moments over the span of 10 years. I am simply encouraging you to ask yourself, “What could I instigate today to expedite the process?” and lift off the limitations you have placed on yourself.
Let me know how it goes.